ICON Technologies is a highly-experienced measurement and automation systems integrator. We combine the latest in commercial off-the-shelf hardware technology with professionally engineered custom software to:
- Integrate your existing stand-alone systems into a common data network;
- Upgrade legacy systems to meet new requirements, or to incorporate new features and technologies; or
- Build fully custom measurement and automation systems to your requirements.
Our commitment to professional software engineering practices, together with our hardware expertise, ensures that you get a solution that will meet your needs, is delivered on-time and on-budget, and is cost-effective to maintain or extend as your requirements evolve.
We Can Solve Your Most Challenging Measurement and Automation Problems
We have particular expertise in solving challenging measurement and automation problems that may involve complex mixes of I/O, smart data logging, traceable measurement, demanding data analyses, custom control strategies, or real-time distribution of data over networks or the Internet.
Our Integration Partners
You can't build a superior system with inferior components. We work with a small number of industry-leading suppliers of commercial off-the-shelf products, and have in-depth knowledge of their technologies. This means greater certainty and security for you going forward since our systems do not rely on custom built or difficult to source components to provide their critical functionality. Our major integration partners include:
- National Instruments - Provides our core hardware and software integration platform.
- Micron Optics & FBGS - Optical measurement sensors and components.
- Sick - Position/proximity sensors, scanning lasers, vision sensors, and remote ID.
- Moxa - Robust industrial communications products.
- FLIR - Infrared cameras and related products.
- dataTaker - Dataloggers built tough for Australian conditions.
Projects referenced in this category include those where we provided no system hardware (ie., the project involved integrating existing client hardware through software only), or where we provided some hardware but the contribution to the total system from our core hardware supplier was minor (ie., the emphasis was on integrating hardware from many different suppliers). Examples of Systems Integration projects include:
For other examples of Systems Integration projects go to our Projects Page and select "Systems Integration" from the drop down "Project Type" menu. Projects may be indexed under more than one category.