Rapid developments in cyber-physical systems are driving the 4th industrial revolution. Machines are getting better at sensing their environment, faster at processing complex information, more expressive at communicating with each other or with humans. This has captured the interest of engineers and business managers worldwide, thanks to the potential of improved efficiency, reliability, and quality in many fields.
ICON Technologies has over 27 years’ experience in many facets of cyber-physical systems. In fact, we started long before the term “cyber-physical system” was coined, so we understand how to meet industry needs. Our solutions can:
- Collect large amounts and types of data/signals from all over your plant/field/laboratory.
- Control and coordinate all kinds of actuators and stimuli.
- Do live, complex processing of data/signals in real-time.
- Distribute data processing and decision-making workloads across multiple machines on your network.
- Include redundancies and interlocks to ensure safe and stable operations.
- Store and manage data.
- Transmit data or receive commands across large distances (even across the globe).
- Provide intuitive human-machine interfaces (HMIs) to let supervisors quickly grasp the state of your whole facility, and to let operators effectively run your facility.
- Communicate via a variety of industry-standard protocols.
- Integrate seamlessly with your existing facilities.