Industrial Control and Automation Systems
ICON Technologies is Australia's leading developer of Industrial Control and Automation Systems based on the National Instruments LabVIEW Platform. With over 23 years experience working with the LabVIEW Platform in industrial environments, we have an unmatched understanding of how to deliver solutions that meet industry needs. We back our systems with professional 24/7 installation, support, and maintenance delivered in partnership with our core services suplier, Cardno.
We specialise in systems that push or exceed the boundaries that can be achieved using traditional PLC based systems and SCADA networks. We can provide robust, 24/7 systems that combine any or all of the following requirements that are not well handled by traditional PLC-based systems:
- High-speed, mixed signal I/O;
- Integrated machine vision and/or multi-axis motion control;
- Deep memory for data logging;
- Calibrated measurement traceable to third-party standards;
- Custom real-time data analysis;
- Custom control logic;
- Full network awareness, including the ability to manage mutiple simultaneous network communications protocols, the ability to distribute data over networks, and the capacity for remote monitoring and control over wired and wireless networks; and
- The flexibility to quickly adapt the system to suit changing needs and new technologies as they arise.
These characteristics are typically found in, but are not limited to:
- Pilot plants or pilot scale facilities;
- Control systems for small-to-medium scale plants that produce boutique or specialised products; and
- Specialised control and automation sub-systems that exist within larger, more traditional DCS environments.
Selecting the Right Tool for Challenging Industrial Control and Automation Tasks
ICON Technologies is the Right Integrator for the LabVIEW Platform
Examples of Industrial Control and Automation Systems projects include:
For other examples of Application Software Development projects go to our Projects Page and select "Industrial Control and Automation Systems" from the drop down "Project Type" menu. Projects may be indexed under more than one category.