LabVIEW Basics I Training Course Outline
February, 16 - 18
May, 18 - 20
August, 17 - 19
November, 16 - 18
This is a three-day course aimed at new or casual LabVIEW users.
The course teaches the critical LabVIEW programming skills (building front panels, wiring block diagrams, debugging applications), and provides an overview of all of the major LabVIEW programming structures.
If you are a new LabVIEW developer, the course shortens your learning curve and gives you a head start into application development.
If you are a casual LabVIEW user, the course provides you with the skills and confidence to interpret, modify, and debug existing LabVIEW applications.
When you finish this course, you will be able to use LabVIEW to:
- Acquire analog waveforms using a DAQ board, store the waveforms in a file, and retrieve them
- Collect and log temperature data
- Control a GPIB instrument
- Acquire waveforms from a GPIB instrument
- Plot acquired data on strip charts and graphs
- Save data in files that you can retrieve with a spreadsheet
Suite 8, CSG Building
3 Sarich Way
Bentley WA 6102
Experience using Windows XP; programming experience helpful.
Because LabVIEW is functionally similar on all platforms, the training provided on Windows XP is relevant to all other LabVIEW platforms.
Day-By-Day Topic Outline:
What is a virtual instrument (VI)
Working in the environment
Creating and Debugging a VI
Editing and debugging techniques
Creating a VI and SubVIs
SubVIs - icons and connectors
Using VIs as subVIs
Creating a subVI by selection
Loops and Charts
Acquiring data at timed intervals
Displaying data in strip charts
Using shift registers
Performing running averages
Creating arrays on loop boundaries
Displaying data in graphs
Case and Sequence Structures
Using sequences and sequence locals
Directly entering formulas
Strings and File I/O
Using string functions
Converting strings and numbers
Reading and writing ASCII data files
Creating files for spreadsheet use
Creating pop-up VIs
Controlling VI window functions
Data Acquisition (DAQ)
Instrument Control - Serial and GPIB
Continuous data acquisition
GPIB waveform transfers
In accordance with National Instruments LabVIEW training fee structure.
We offer a specially priced LabVIEW Basics Training Bundle at $3450 (tax-ex).
- This Bundle includes LabVIEW Basics I Training (3 days) and LabVIEW Basics II Training (2 days).
- The Bundle also includes the examination fee for the Certified LabVIEW Associate Developer Exam, comprehensive manuals, a certificate, and lunch and morning and afternoon tea each day.
- This Bundle represents excellent value.
- The scheduled course fees if you choose to do the LabVIEW Basics I and LabVIEW Basics II Training Courses separately are $2785 (tax-ex) and $1815 (tax-ex) respectively.